Monday, June 11, 2018

ATTENTION READERS

The new rant, updated on every 8th, 18th, and 28th of the month, is right below this post. Enjoy! But before you do, I have a quick announcement...




I'm still sort of looking for a way to free up some time to deal with my other responsibilities. So here's the deal. I've mentioned this before, but I'm more than willing to post guest rants on this blog, provided they're intelligent, well-written, and engaging to read (meaning that I'm holding my guest rants to a way higher standard than I do myself). So far only 1 person has ever done so, but I think he put together a very good rant, and I'm eager to see more, especially since guest rants could really free up some time for me.

So to get to the point: From now until I say otherwise, if you write an RPG rant to feature on this blog--and it's good enough that I post it--you get a free RPG from me. I get to decide which game, but I promise it'll be good (at least in my opinion). And hey, it's free. So if you've got something about RPGs to say, send it on over to me! Get a free RPG! Make my life easier! We all win.

Simple Rules:
1. Rant must be on RPGs, or a specific RPG. If it is on an RPG I don't know, I should at least be able to verify what you're saying about it to some reasonable extent.
2. Rant must meet my standards. I don't have to agree with it--in fact, I quite enjoy the prospect of having my opinions challenged--but I do have to deem it good. If I reject your rant, I may explain my reasons, but I don't have to.
3. The free game you get is picked by me. It will almost certainly be a game provided by GOG.com.
4. Submit any guest rants to the_rpgenius at hotmail dot com.

That's about it, I reckon. So...get writing! Be funny! Insightful! Biting! Empowering! Or whatever!

22 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I looked up ways to make a sticky post on Blogger, and this is the easier of 2 ways--put it at some far-off future date, so it always stays the most "recent" post. I'd like to keep this at the top for a while, in the hopes of a few people noticing and participating.

      Hell of an eye for details you got there, incidentally. You should write a guest rant!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. That...you should write a guest rant. That's what this post is for. Pretty straightforward.

      Delete
  3. I should do a piece on the all Monk, Grogg Hill battle in Final Fantasy Tactics...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you can make a decent rant out of that--go for it!

      Delete
  4. Actually, I can think of something to talk about, but from the list of games you've played, you wouldn't understand it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Out of curiosity, how do you know which RPGs I've played? I've put the list up here and there in the past, but can't recall having done so recently.

      Either way, that doesn't mean I'm not interested in hearing what you have to say. Go for it!

      Delete
  5. One question, is this still open?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. No problem; I look forward to seeing a new guest rant!

      Delete
  7. Let's assume, hypothetically (no really) that someone has written a rant. How would they send it in to be evaluated by you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just email it to me at the_rpgenius at hotmail dot com. I hypothetically look forward to reading your rant!

      Delete
  8. I'd love to submit a piece on Atlus' Persona 2 series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Please do! I'd love to read it, and this blog is woefully lacking in rants on the earlier SMT Persona titles.

      Delete
  9. Do rants have to be negative? Or could I write about it's positive traits and how underrated/overshadowed it is?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rants can definitely be positive! Plenty of mine are, after all. Negative ones tend to be easier to make funny (more opportunity for hyperbole, and all), but a positive rant is always a welcome addition.

      Delete
  10. Hello RPG Genius i have read your blog for some time now but today it's time to put up my first comment. And what I probably want to say is I really enjoy the blog and it's great somwhere on the Internet there exists an intelligent ( and critical ) discussion bout RPGs.

    In no way I have played as many RPGs as you nor I intend to. However I had my fair with several Final Fantasies, Lufias, Suikoden, BoF2 and some others. I really look forward for the blog to continue though I understand how life can be demanding- I know something about that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well howdy there neighbor! Thanks for stopping by and leaving such a positive message. I really appreciate it. I'm glad you enjoy the rants, and don't worry about this blog continuing. I may need to scale it back a little bit at some point, maybe 2 a month instead of 3, but rest assured that I'm way too much of a hopeless RPG geek to give this little venting spot up any time soon. Thanks for reaching out!

      Delete
    2. Hell... Actually I didn't notice I commented on my wife's account. Feel free to ignore my initials from before.

      I do sure you're hopeless and I wait forward to some other rants and maybe some interesting discussion in the comments.

      Cheers,
      Rutlawski

      Delete
  11. (Different anon here)

    You can always go back to doing things like this, since that probably doesn't take much time.

    ReplyDelete